Class Eligibility

You are a Class Member of the Chase rewards settlement if, between June 2009 and the present, you forfeited points when your Chase credit card account was closed, and you were not given the opportunity to redeem your points after the account was closed.

Estimated Amount


Proof of Purchase


Case Name

Gao, et al. v. JPMorgan Chase & Co., et al.,
Case No. 1:14-cv-04281
District Court for the Southern District of New York

Case Summary

In this case the plaintiffs accused Chase of forfeiting points upon closing their credit cards starting in June of 2009. Accounts closed while in good standing where not chance for redemption was provided by chase may participate in this settlement

Chase did not admit culpability but has agreed to settle to avoid the cost of litigation

Settlement Pool





Chase Rewards Program Settlement
c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants (KCC)
P.O. Box 43428
Providence, RI 02940-3428

8 responses to “Chase Credit Card Rewards Point Forfeiture Class Action Settlement”

  1. Jeff Gray says:

    Does this apply to carde that were closed due to outstanding debts as well?Thank you for your time.

    ADMIN – Hi Jeff,

    I believe you forfeit points when you fail to pay your balance.

  2. A. Edwards says:

    Was not given the opportunity to redeem your points after the account was closed.

  3. Omar hudson says:

    Do this apply when the bank automatically send you a new debit card?

    ADMIN – Hi Omar,

    This is an issue with credit cards not debit.

  4. Omar hudson says:

    I never received my points to redeem them.

  5. Ayanna walker says:

    I had a chase account then!

  6. Rethel Hightower says:

    Hi I had a chase account then they closed it, I was not behind or anything. I lost all of my points, could not redeem.

    ADMIN – Hi Rethel,

    That seems to make you a class member doesn’t?

  7. Toto says:

    Yup that was us
    On day i went in to deposit my paycheck and the teller tells me all my accts were closed,i was like WTF

  8. JOSE M DE LA TORRE V says:

    I received a check after the valid date marked on the check. Hence I was not able to cash it. This was because J. P. MORGAN CHASE mailed the check to an incorrect address.

    Can you please let me know what happens in this case. Can I have my check reissued?

    ADMIN – Hi Jose,

    You will need to try to contact the class action administrator but chances are it will be futile. Once the deadline passes the funds become part of a secondary distribution.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *